Thursday, March 01, 2018

Remembering Evelyn Ang


T'was promised it'd a beautiful morning when I set out
The air was cool, the breeze light
I stretched, warmed up
I was ready, then
I ran, and ran
Yes, I ran
on
and on
pounding the road
smiling at my mateys
waving cheerily

love them

I kept running
ran
on
and on


Suddenly I smelled roses
then jasmines
honeysuckles
gardenias
mist around
kissing my feet
I ran
on
and on
towards the sun

glorious fun
I smiled

My destination?
no, just kept running
on
and on


I felt no pain
no ache
no tiredness
t'was wonderful
yellow frangipani
all around
So, I ran
on
and on
towards
my happiness

o joyousness
laughed too

I kept running
ran
on
and on


Gorgeous flames of the forest
lined my path
daphnes
hyacinths
dragonflies
butterflies
orioles
flew
besides me
then cempaka
extravaganza
their glory

Happy
I ran
on
and on, and on ........




No comments:

Post a Comment